Well, the previous entry was written over 8 months ago. Since that time I have moved back to Texas. I now live in Austin, TX. I'm adjusting to the town still. I came here because after leaving NYC I wanted to live in an actual city and not in a hick town. I chose Austin because I think it is a good mix of the city and the country. There is a lot of outdoor activities to do here which I enjoy.
Meeting people here has been strange. I quickly made friends with all of my co-workers. Anyone who knows me knows how outgoing I am, the problem is, I have not gone anywhere but work. It seems when I have meet people, they always end up being guys that turn clingy within 3 days. For example, the guy I met at the Keith Urban concert felt it was okay to call me 12 times in an 8 hour work day and then call me 6 times and text me 3 times between the hours of 2am-5am. He is Josh Beckett's pitching coach, but has to let it be known. He called me one night and asked if it was okay if he went and hung out at Jay-Z's house. First off, I know he was just name dropping and secondly, we went on one date, he creeped me out with his cling like nature and he shouldn't be asking me premission. And then there is the guy I met out while my friends and I were at a bar. He thought that inviting me to church after our first date was a good idea. While it actually went well, it was the next church event I attended with him that didn't. It was with the youth group at his church. Yes, the youth group. That group of 14-18 year old high school students that only go to youth group because their parents make them or they are only going because Sarah the prom queen goes and whatever she does is cool. Little do they know, Sarah the prom queen is making out with Dave the football quarterback in the choir room. Anyway, the group consists of "kids" age 14-17. The guy that I went with...well, he is 27. Little strange that he would be hanging with them right? Right. I had a horrible time and people were laying hands on me, which is their way of praying and it was just too much. The worst part was, their 24 year old youth pastor told us we couldn't take our own vehicle so we had to ride on a bus with them. Freaking nice. Anyway, after knowing this guy for a week, he decided to tell me he is in love with me. Figures. It always seems the one you want doesn't want you back and the ones you are not so much into are ready to marry you tomorrow.
Meeting people here has been strange. I quickly made friends with all of my co-workers. Anyone who knows me knows how outgoing I am, the problem is, I have not gone anywhere but work. It seems when I have meet people, they always end up being guys that turn clingy within 3 days. For example, the guy I met at the Keith Urban concert felt it was okay to call me 12 times in an 8 hour work day and then call me 6 times and text me 3 times between the hours of 2am-5am. He is Josh Beckett's pitching coach, but has to let it be known. He called me one night and asked if it was okay if he went and hung out at Jay-Z's house. First off, I know he was just name dropping and secondly, we went on one date, he creeped me out with his cling like nature and he shouldn't be asking me premission. And then there is the guy I met out while my friends and I were at a bar. He thought that inviting me to church after our first date was a good idea. While it actually went well, it was the next church event I attended with him that didn't. It was with the youth group at his church. Yes, the youth group. That group of 14-18 year old high school students that only go to youth group because their parents make them or they are only going because Sarah the prom queen goes and whatever she does is cool. Little do they know, Sarah the prom queen is making out with Dave the football quarterback in the choir room. Anyway, the group consists of "kids" age 14-17. The guy that I went with...well, he is 27. Little strange that he would be hanging with them right? Right. I had a horrible time and people were laying hands on me, which is their way of praying and it was just too much. The worst part was, their 24 year old youth pastor told us we couldn't take our own vehicle so we had to ride on a bus with them. Freaking nice. Anyway, after knowing this guy for a week, he decided to tell me he is in love with me. Figures. It always seems the one you want doesn't want you back and the ones you are not so much into are ready to marry you tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment