Hi! Welcome to my "blog page." Well, I'm just your average girl from Texas. Well, born in Texas anyway. I was born in west Texas. A little town called Big Spring, Texas. I moved to east Texas when I was about 1 or 2. My disfunctional family moved to a small town called Diana. We moved here because my parents were having problems. My parents figured if we moved far away from my dad's mistress things might work out, but he just found a new one in the town we moved to. They ended up getting divorced months after we moved here. I am one of 5 children, the youngest at that. I have 3 older sisters and 1 older brother. My siblings are amazing people whom I love very much. It took a while for me to get close to them because they are so much older. It wasn't until I was in high school that I was very close with any of them. My oldest sister is 40, then the next is 37, then the next is 31. Then I have a brother who is 29. I am much younger and was an accident. I recently celebrated my 23rd birthday and have come to terms with the fact that I am getting old. I know what you are thinking....you are only 23. Everyone from my home town thinks differently. There girls get married at 18 and have 2 kids by the time they are 22. Infact, on my 23rd birthday my mom gave me the "Your biological clock is ticking speech." Maybe it is a good thing I am 23, single, and going nowhere fast when it comes to relationships. I live in New York City now. I intern here for Conan O'Brien. It is a good job. I have a met a lot of cool people and have enjoyed my time here.
Wow...I am really jumping topic to topic here. I should have started a blog a long time ago, but I've been so busy and I never have. That and the fact I probably shouldn't be putting all my feelings and thoughts to be read publicly on the internet. But, whatever. Too late. So my time in New York is windling down. I will be moving back to my small hometown in 6 days. I'm not sure that is the right decision, but there is nothing keeping me in New York. I do not have a paying job here and everything is overpriced. Especially apartments. I love Texas too. I miss my family and my friends. My brother has 4 kids. He was one of the people that got married young...like it's "supposed" to happen. He does have a set of twins though. I love his kids like my own and miss them very much. It will be good to get back and see everyone. It's going to be weird though. According to my mom and my brother, I am some what a "local celebrity." I am the girl that got out of small town, nowhere, TX and "made it big." My mom will go to the grocery store and people will come up to her asking how I am and if I like the city. They also say things like "she still up 'der wit that Co-Nan feller?" Yeah...that is a glimpse into my town. Well, I might be exaggerating a little, but there are a lot of people like that there. Suprisingly enough the town if full of preppy teenagers. Well, I have work to do now. Sorry to leave you hanging and sorry this is so long. We will continue tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment